Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 24 10:30:08 CST 2005

Colin Watson wrote:
> Yes. However unless we want to screw over our early adopters (which
> seems like a poor PR strategy) we have to live with this as best we can.

It seems like there are reasonable automatic upgrade paths here, though.
We can check for existence of the admin group, and if it's not there,
add it, move UID 1000 into it, and add a post-upgrade "interaction
required" notification, saying any additional system administrators
should be added to the 'admin' group via the 'Users and Groups' tool.

Did I miss something?

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | 0x147C722D