Vincent Untz vincent at vuntz.net
Thu Nov 24 04:20:14 CST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, November 24, 2005 10:00, Martin Pitt wrote:
> I see two options that are worth discussing:
>
>  (1) Do the test at a higher level:
>
>      sudo --check-desktop-file <desktop file>
>
>    does not log failures if the desktop file is owned by root.

I'm not sure I understand: all desktop files are owned by root right
now. Or are we talking about other desktop files?

>  (2) Make this configurable and set appropriate defaults at
>      installation (ubuntu-server or ubuntu-desktop).
>
> I prefer solution (1) since it does what we actually want; (2) is a
> bit handwavy, since you can use a normal Ubuntu CD to install a
> server, etc.

I agree that (2) is not a great option. In the past, it has been
suggested to just look if the user was in the admin group. Is there
any big drawback to this?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.