Vincent Untz vincent at
Thu Nov 24 04:20:14 CST 2005

On Thu, November 24, 2005 10:00, Martin Pitt wrote:
> I see two options that are worth discussing:
>  (1) Do the test at a higher level:
>      sudo --check-desktop-file <desktop file>
>    does not log failures if the desktop file is owned by root.

I'm not sure I understand: all desktop files are owned by root right
now. Or are we talking about other desktop files?

>  (2) Make this configurable and set appropriate defaults at
>      installation (ubuntu-server or ubuntu-desktop).
> I prefer solution (1) since it does what we actually want; (2) is a
> bit handwavy, since you can use a normal Ubuntu CD to install a
> server, etc.

I agree that (2) is not a great option. In the past, it has been
suggested to just look if the user was in the admin group. Is there
any big drawback to this?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.