John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Thu Nov 17 00:29:38 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 20:31 +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> I'm currently working on a total rewrite of the hardware detection stuff
> that should hit the archive within the next 24 hours or so -- I'll mail
> you when that's in, and get you to try that and the 2.6.15-rc1 kernel
> and see if that goes away.

About that. How much hardware detection do you really have to do at boot
time? It was my impression that initramfs should only do the work
necessary to get / to mount.

How much of the detection and module loading scheduling can be done at
kernel installation time?

Would it be possible to have module loading on demand instead?

Regards,
John