Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Tue Nov 15 10:51:02 CST 2005

Hi,

On Di, 2005-11-15 at 14:43 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I branched those tools and added my own, which allow to track the
> version numbers of a set of packages in Debian & Ubuntu.
>
> See an example output for all packages which depend on libruby1.8 :
> http://ox.blop.info/bazaar/du-versions-ruby.html
>
> The bzr repos is on
> http://ox.blop.info/bazaar/motu-tools/, feel free to branch from it.
>
> Read
> http://ox.blop.info/bazaar/motu-tools/README.lucas to understand how
> this works.
>
> Now, the problem is: how are we going to distribute this ? Should we
> make a motu-tools package ?

Well....my opinion: not now.

There will come a lot of other stuff in ... and it's now a bit of
everything.

Ruby Python (ogra what about a nice perl hack from u?) etc. and this is
something we should avoid.

Right now it's development and we should handle this like it...bzr is
enough (actually all Ubuntu Devs need to practice BZR, so this is a nice
practice) for now....when everything is shiny (bugfree) and ready to
drop (to be released) ;) we will see about a package.

Regards,

\sh