Till Varoquaux till.varoquaux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:11:24 CST 2005

On 11/14/05, Lakin Wecker <lakin.wecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a significant portion of time spent (~15s) in busybox

>  Anyone have any ideas?
I wrote about this a couple of posts ago but it seems to have gone unnoticed...

___________________________
I remember having read busybox was slow and that there was a patch for
this. So I googled around and this article came up:
http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/OptimizeRCScripts

It states:
# Each command including built-ins within pipes are forked.
# Each back-quoted command is forked.
# The 'echo', 'test', and '[' commands and other most frequent
commands in the scripts are implemented as applets.

And there are a couple of workarounds (including the affordmentioned patch).

I don't know how much this will turn out usefull.

Till