Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 10:11:30 CST 2005

He is saying that the slow down is caused by your broken ISP, not IP6.
He is saying that your ISP is telling your computer that they support
IP6, when in fact, they do not.  This causes your computer to attempt to
use IP6 first, which fails, then it falls back to IP4.  That is where
the slow down comes from.  Once you disable IP6, it stops trying to use
it, so you see things speed up.

When your ISP does not lie to your computer and say that it supports IP6
when it really does not, you don't get this slowdown.