Henning Kilset Pedersen henning at mopo.no
Wed Nov 9 02:52:27 CST 2005

tir, 08,.11.2005 kl. 09.44 -0500, skrev Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Henning Kilset Pedersen">
>
> > Oops. Sent this to Ubuntu-users first, but I believe it belongs here.
>
> Not really, it's a usage question. :-)

Oh well, none of those "user" characters have bothered to respond, so...
I'll stay here for the time being :)

> > Can anyone tell me if Ubuntu PPC works on Power5 processors/machines from
> > IBM? I believe the architecture is similar to Apple's G5-based Mac's, but
> > with an added hardware partitioning/virtualization capability.
>
> It works great once on the machine, but doesn't install as yet. Hopefully
> with the small amount of work required, Dapper will do so smoothly.

Okay, thanks for that information. Any tips on actually getting it ON
the machine then, since the install doesn't work? :) Installing Debian
and apt-get install ubuntu-desktop after
changing /etc/apt/sources.list ? :)

Regards,
Henning Pedersen