Multiverse question (re: Eclipse)

Jerry Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Thu May 26 22:48:41 CDT 2005

I have a package, Eclipse, which I'd like to get uploaded so that I can
get people using it, and start cleaning it up. At this point it has one
dependency which is not buildable from source with distributable tools
(Lucene, a Java component). This one component needs to be build with a
non-free JVM at this time.

Is this a candidate for a binary upload to multiverse?

Obviously I am working towards getting it completely buildable from
source. The entire FOSS Java community is. However, at this point, it
isn't.

I'd like Eclipse up so that it can get some visibility. I want users who
want to give it a try to be able to get easy access to it. I also don't
have the resources to host a 50MB source package (It's Java!!!) on my
own.

The goal is to get this freed up before Breezy.

--
Jerry Haltom <wasabi at larvalstage.net>