experimental for Ubuntu?

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Wed May 25 07:09:08 CDT 2005

On wo, 2005-05-25 at 13:45 +0200, MadMan2k wrote:

> thre is a basical demand for most recent packages, which breezy
> generally statisfies.

From who? People who cannot wait a few more months to use something they
never used before? Ubuntu is not a bleeding-edge distribution, even
though it contains lots of new and up-to-date packages. If you want to
be on the bleeding-edge, maybe you should use something like gentoo.

> but in times like now, when there is a compiler transition or a
> modulasiton of a major package it is unusable.
> threfore I think a experimental branch would be a good additon, so
> that major changes could be done there and
> only merged down, when they are ready. (at least running and have
> staisfied dependancies)

This is quite infeasible (and also unneccessary) with a 6-month release
cycle imho.
--
Dennis K.
 <- Are you suicidal?