GIS packages for Ubuntu

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Sat May 14 04:45:01 CDT 2005

On May 14, 2005 03:35, Myles Green wrote:
> On May 14, 2005 02:56, niconi38 wrote:
> > Hy,
> >

> > does anybody manage to install GRASS 6.0 on hoary ?
> >

> > and if you do, please tell me how...
>
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/science/grass

even better is this (breezy sources.list)

$ sudo apt-cache search grass
gpx2shp - convert GPS or GPX file to ESRI Shape file
grass - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
grass-doc - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System documentation
libgrass - GRASS GIS development libraries
libgrass-dev - GRASS GIS library development files

so simply doing an 'apt-get install' of the above packages will get you
what you want.

Again, HTH,

Myles

--
... A solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg who looked like he
was waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity.