[KERNEL] Black Screen

SmasSive smassive at menta.net
Thu May 12 12:51:42 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to install the new kernel in my ubuntu breezy.
I have downloaded the linux-sources-2.6.12 with apt and it compiles fine
but when I try to start the system with it I get a black screen.
It starts ok except the black screen (I can access to a console with
ssh).

It seems a problem with framebuffer or graphics card but the
configuration file it's the same that the other kernel's and it only
happens with ubuntu sources, with vanilla sources works ok.

Any solution?

A lot of thanks! ;)