Laptop Testing

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Wed May 11 18:23:23 CDT 2005

Matthew Garrett schrieb:
> We want Breezy to have near-perfect laptop support. In order to make
> this happen, we need your help. I've added a page at
> wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTesting - please read this and then add your
> hardware to wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingHardware .
>
> The goal for Breezy is to have every column be "Yes" for all current
> Dells, HPs, IBMs and Toshibas, but we'll be doing our best to ensure
> that as much other hardware is supported as possible. Please add contact
> details so we can get in touch with people for testing purposes. Linux
> laptop support has come on in leaps and bounds over the past year -
> let's make Breezy the best laptop distribution yet.

I appreciate this goal very much!

Should Breezy already be used for testing or should we use Hoary?
What about ACPI support? I couldn't find it under the two links.
Yes, you mention "sleep button" and "Suspend". But what about
frequency scaling, battery status, CPU temperature and stuff?

At the moment I'm runnig Woody/Sarge on my laptop and I'm quite
satisfied, even if there are some things to improve. I'm willing to
change my installation to Ubuntu on my laptop. But please tell me,
if it's worth, because I own some kind of a no name product built on
a Mitac barebone (IPC Power Note M 8375 -> Mitac barebone 8375). If
you need more information about the hardware, just let me know.

Best regards,
	Christoph
--
Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.3a)