Reviewing Packages

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Sun May 8 23:47:11 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to say that the MOTU crew is currently facing overwhelming
attendance of new possible maintainers. Unfortunately we've run into
some bottleneck situation of the Reviewing of packages.

[1] is a list of packages that contain a fix or a new upstream version,
[2] lists NEW packages, which by our policy (see [3]) require three
reviews by MOTUs or Ubuntu maintainers.

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MOTUToReview
[2] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MOTUNewPackages
[2] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MOTUNewPackagesPolicy

If you should have a bit of time and would like to comment on the finer
aspects of packaging and maybe even teach people where they went wrong,
please be so nice and give us a hand. (Commenting on the according
Wikipages will be just enough).

Thanks a lot,
 Daniel