disk full notification?

Molot molotster at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:14:52 CDT 2005

Hm... Adding sth like this seems to be good idea. But there may be
thousands programs that would seem to be good to add to a default
enviroment. If devs would add all that programs... You know, no one
has unlimited cpu power.

But indeed there should be sth like this avaliable. I didn't check if
it is already.

On 5/6/05, Jani Monoses <jani at iv.ro> wrote:
> Hello
>
> a friend was using warty/gnome and ran into problems with large applications not starting
> anymore. It took her a while to figure out that the disk was almost full.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a notification system included with the default desktop which
> would warn when disk space is scarce?
>
> I know it can be done with various DYO or third party scripts, planel plugins etc.
> Searching around a stumbled upon knotify, gnotify and libnotify from galago but those seem
> to target notifications in general and I am not sure what their status is in gnome/kde
>
> thanks
> Jani

I like RTFM answers. Just tell me what TFM I should R.

some kind of Molot
some kind of monster ;)

jid:molot at mruk.net
alt mailto:molot at mruk.net