Official Medicine Mask Logo/Mascot/Artwork??

Daniel Neuenschwander DNE daniel.ne at hispeed.ch
Wed Mar 30 10:20:39 CST 2005

Nikolai Dunkel wrote:
| Hi!
| I dont know if this is the right list, but it seems like the only
| choice, there being no dedicated marketing-thread! I'm mailing about a
| logo/mascot suggestion that I made...
|
| Some love the idea (see my wiki here
| https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuLogoMascotSuggestionMedicineMask ),
| some dont, as always (see my thread here
| http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=21702&page=3&pp=10 ),
| and some people have now started developing themes/deviations of my mask
| both on the forums, as on gnome-looks.org!!!!
|

| But I thought I wouldn't let this stuff just sink away into the depths
| of the forums/gnome-looks.org, but would try to give the whole thing an
| "official" nature, in other words see if you guys had any interest in it
| as official artwork/official mascot/official logo...
|
| As said already on my wiki, I think ubuntu would gain more character as
| a product and mindshare as a distro as stylish/unique (all of this is
| explained on my wiki, thats the real point of this letter, to redirect
| you to that :) )
|
| cheers,
| Nikolai Dunkel

Hi

Well, nice work you done, especially the "modern" variant looks good to
me! But I don't think it's necessary to change the Ubuntu logo. Because
of two reasons:

1. The current logo symbolises the human circle (imho!) And it's modern
and "stylish".
2. A mask as logo isn't a good choice for an OS/distribution (imho!),
cause if people don't even know the "way-of-ubuntu" they'll go scared or
something like that ;-)

But as I told, nice work anyway!

Best regards
Daniel