vfat broken in 2.6.10?

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 02:22:13 CST 2005

Hi,

I experience the same problems with the 2.6.10-1 kernel and my portable
mp3 player. It gets to the point where it isn't mounted automatically on
insertion, which I assume is due to fsck reporting errors prior to
mounting.

Would it not make sense for the fsck -a -w /dev/blah to take place
automatically in the background (if required), it's not like a user is
ever going to say "no don't fix it, I want a knackered fs which I can't
use". And in the case where data _may_ be lost, how would the user ever
recover it anyway if the disk won't safely mount.

David.

--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]