Issues upgrading from warty to hoary...

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:33:09 CST 2005

I think this is a topic for the ubuntu-users list, but anyway...

I also just did a clean install of Warty and upgraded to Hoary. I did
not run into the issues you came across. The upgrade went rather well
with the exception of the xfree -> xorg upgrade. xorg is still
affected by whatever causes it to only use a max resolution of
1024x768 after the upgrade. I am sure I can play around with the
config and get it to go higher than that, but this should not happen.
The upgrade, IMHO, should set the default resolution to what ever the
user had it set to before the upgrade. I know this was discussed
somewhere before, but I figured I would mention it in this new thread
that it is still happening as of today.

Matt