DVD images now built twice weekly

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 20 13:07:03 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:35:50PM +0100, Christian Bjälevik wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:26:33AM -0500, UbuWu wrote:
> >>Would it be possible to add two more dvd images conaining universe?
> >
> >Given that releases tend to load up our servers very noticeably at the
> >moment, I don't think that more big-chunky-image generation for the
> >benefit of unsupported software is really a good idea at the moment;
> >sorry.
> >
> >The main component already has a pretty useful selection of stuff beyond
> >the default installation.
>
> For those who want this maybe we could generate jigdofiles for final
> releases (i.e. not for arrays, previews and rcs)?

Well, there's still another problem, namely that the machine that
generates CD images deliberately doesn't mirror universe or multiverse.
This is an insanely useful sanity check, as it means that we can never
ever accidentally release CD images containing unsupported packages, so
I'm not keen on changing that. Other people are of course welcome to
produce such DVD images themselves if they want; anyone with a full
mirror could do so.

Perhaps it would be productive to discuss what packages you need from
universe, and whether it would be possible to support those properly?

Cheers,