Warty to Hoary Preview upgrade report

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Mar 20 12:56:19 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 09:14 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 12:49:36AM -0600, Ming Hua wrote:
> This sounds like it could be a serious bug, but I have not encountered it in
> any of my upgrade testing, and unless you saved a copy of the exact messages
> you saw, there isn't much that we can do to diagnose the problem.
>  - mdz

This has come up before, sometimes with some serious consequences.
Perhaps a log should be made automatically?  It would certainly make
troubleshooting user problems easier when they forget to cut and paste
(and, oftentimes, the problem isn't visible until long after Synaptic is
closed).

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie