/.dev directory

underworld dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Sat Mar 19 19:32:21 CST 2005

Matt Zimmerman Wrote:
> Please ask this kind of question on the ubuntu-users list/forum in the
> future; this list is for development discussions.

Oops, sorry.
Did find this thread with the forum search function and didn't pay
attention in which category it was posted.

Matt Zimmerman Wrote:

> /dev is the udev device tree.  /.dev is the legacy static device tree.

Thanks, I now looked more closely and in fact there are less files in
/dev than in ./dev. I was just surprised that there are more created
files by udev per se than with my other systems.

Greetings,
Daniel

--
underworld