daily instal testing

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Mar 19 14:55:08 CST 2005

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 10:08:43AM -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
>
>>I am having some trouble.
>>Here is my setup: https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LocalNetInstall
>>
>>Here are my mods to pxelinux.cfg/default
>>
>>label linux
>>        kernel ubuntu-installer/i386/linux
>>        append preseed/file=/floppy/preseed.cfg
>>languagechooser/language-name=English countrychooser/shortlist=US
>>console-keymaps-at/keymap=us initrd=ubuntu-installer/i386/initrd.gz
>>ramdisk_size=12890 root=/dev/rd/0 rw --
>>
>>timeout 50
>>
>>It does time out in 5 seconds, it does skip the Language and Country
>>dialogs, but still asks "[!] Select a keyboard layout".
>

> Try kbd-chooser/method=us instead of console-keymaps-at/keymap=us.

That worked - Thanks.

>>It does not hit the floppy at all, and big surprise, doesn't respect
>>anything in /floppy/preseed.cfg.
>

> File preseeding doesn't take effect until after the language, country,
> and keyboard questions have been asked.

Correct.  But it doesn't take place after all of that either.  It stops
on "Configure the Network" which it seems should have been answered by :

d-i	netcfg/choose_interface select auto
d-i	netcfg/get_hostname	string unassigned-hostname
d-i	netcfg/get_domain	string unassigned-domain

Carl Karsten