Remarks about Hoary Preview

Ricardo Pérez López ricpelo at ono.com
Sat Mar 19 07:15:44 CST 2005

El sáb, 19-03-2005 a las 14:03 +0100, Sebastien Bacher escribió:
> Le samedi 19 mars 2005 à 13:20 +0100, Ricardo Pérez López a écrit :
>
> > Yes, the default output is ESD, but I'm talking about default input, not
> > default outoput. My default input is OSS. I wonder why is OSS instead of
> > ALSA.
>
> I don't know in fact. Where does that make a difference ?

I think there's no difference in practice, but I think OSS (in my
system) is an ALSA emulation, and seems it could be better to use ALSA
because is not emulated. But I don't know.

I believe there's a discussion in ubuntu-devel about the pros and cons
of configure ALSA to be the default sound option, instead of OSS. Do you
know anything about?

> > When I say "slow", I say that the video plays with "steps", not fluidly.
> > Sorry about my horrible English!
>
> Do you know how many fps the video has ?

mplayer says this:

VIDEO:  MPEG1  352x240  (aspect 12)  29,970 fps

> Cheers,
>
> Sebastien Bacher

Thanks.

Ricardo.