Hoary net install half works

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Mar 18 21:12:31 CST 2005

Jay Camp wrote:

 > On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 19:58 -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
 >
 >> So I hit enter, and a new dialog on a red backgroud:
 >> The title of the dialog is the same: [!!] Choose a mirror of the
Ubuntu archive
 >> Bad archive mirror
 >> The specified Ubuntu archive m not available, or does not have a
valid release file on it.  Please try a different mirror.
http://dev.personnelware.com/carl/temp/e/p1010009.jpg )

 > This sounds like a bug that was previously reported and recently fixed
 > (I have not verified that it has, though).  Check Bugzilla.

My Hoary image is a week old:
  559190016 Mar 10 02:23 hoary-install-i386.iso

I am guessing it is because this is failing:

/usr/bin/rsync -avpzP --stats
rsync://cdimage.ubuntulinux.org/cdimage/releases/hoary/current/hoary-install-i386.iso
/home/carl/linux/ubuntu
rsync: failed to connect to cdimage.ubuntulinux.org: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

 >> I am going to try to mount the CD on my local apache and see if I
can't work around it.  Will report back if I get something.

 > You can't use an ISO to do netboot installs!  I banged my head on the
 > same thing for hours. :P  I think there's an article on the wiki about
 > netboot.  I should update it...

It seems to be working for me.   Maybe I should update it ;)

 > If you're going to do netboot installs you'll need to mirror the
 > repository.  I recommend installing debmirror and syncing against a
 > rsync server.

I would think that syncing files would be better than the image.  Any
idea what the "right" rsync is for testing hoary daily builds?

Carl Karsten