Forkbomb??

Simon Santoro Simon.Santoro at poste.it
Fri Mar 18 14:02:41 CST 2005

Michael Anckaert wrote:
> Hello all,
> I just read an article on SecurityFocus about how forkbombs can still
> affect modern day distributions.
> The article states Debian isn't affected by the forkbomb and since
> Ubuntu is Debian based, I'm not worried a bit :-).

I don't think this is really a bug. If you use ubuntu as a desktop
system, you should be able to use all the resources available to work
with your computer.
If you are using Ubuntu as a server and let users remotely log in and
execute commands, then, I presume, you are a good enough admin to know
how to ulimit the resources any given user has.