Kontact groupware-imap issue

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.com
Fri Mar 18 02:02:41 CST 2005

Hi there,

I've been using the Groupware feature in KMail/Korganizer/KAddressBook
in KDE 3.3.x and stored calendar, address book etc on my IMAP server.
After upgrading KDE to 3.4.0 (the last bits came through yesterday
morning) this no longer works although all config options are still
available.

"kontact" and "korgac" gives me this error:

kontact: WARNING: KDCOPServiceStarter: No service implementing
DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP
kresources: ERROR: Couldn't connect to the IMAP resource backend
korgac: WARNING: KDCOPServiceStarter: No service implementing
DCOP/ResourceBackend/IMAP
kresources: ERROR: Couldn't connect to the IMAP resource backend

kontact -> Version: 4:3.4.0-0ubuntu3
kdelibs-bin -> Version: 4:3.4.0-0ubuntu2
kdepim-kio-plugins -> Version: 3.4.0-0ubuntu3

I am happy to try out various solutions to get this working again.
Should any additional information be required, just mail me.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com> | GnuPG Key ID - 0x4B20601A
Senior QA Engineer - McAfee WebShield | finger anders at lenin.trudheim.com