Users and Groups administration tool

Jay Camp jayc at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Mar 17 16:17:21 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 13:16 -0800, George Farris wrote:
> I would have thought this is the whole point behind a dist-upgrade, to
> actually take care of these types of things.

I agree.  One of Debian's selling points is that you don't have to ever
reinstall (like you do with the competition) when upgrading.  Making
changes (especially small ones like this) that require a reinstall is a
bad road to head down, IMO.

User A upgrades their existing installation of Ubuntu from Warty.  User
A installs Ubuntu on his friends computer with Hoary.  The two systems,
while the same versions, are inconsistent.  This isn't good.

Was this accidentally overlooked or is upgrading inconsistency allowed?

Jay