Evolution becoming unusable.

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.com
Thu Mar 17 02:56:03 CST 2005

On Thursday 17 Mar 2005 07:18, Anders Karlsson wrote:
[snip]
> Take a look at "Kontact" from the KDE project. It ties together
> KMail, KOrganizer, KAddressBook etc to something that looks very
> similar to Evolution. But it works. There is also a groupware feature
> in KMail that enables links into an IMAP server to store calendar,
> addressbook etc as sub-folders of your Inbox. Very neat.
>
> At the moment, KMail on its own segfaults when starting (problem with
> KDE 3.4.0 initial release, bugzilla entry exists iirc). Start it
> through Kontact and all is good to go.
>
> HTH.

To respond to myself here (after this mornings huge KDE updates), the
Groupware "store calendar, contacts, everything and its grandmother"
feature is not presently working from what I can tell.

I have gone over the settings several times, and it SHOULD work, but the
Calendar is not picking up the imap resource. I should probably raise a
defect on this, does anyone have a URL for that?

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com> | GnuPG Key ID - 0x4B20601A
Senior QA Engineer - McAfee WebShield | finger anders at lenin.trudheim.com