D-I and Kickstart

Ivan Krstic krstic at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 16 01:46:55 CST 2005

Mike Douglas wrote:
> My school is currently investigating rolling out a Ubuntu lab for the
> students using a combination of getupdates and Kickstart. I've followed
> the hoary-changes list and noticed that Kickstart support was been
> recently added to Hoary. Is there any where that I can get some
> documentation/examples relating to this?

If you haven't, be sure to also consider LTSP (http://www.ltsp.org).
It's a perennial favorite for schools, which often have less than
satisfactory hardware, and need centralized user and software
management. Norway has about 15 thousand students using LTSP labs.

LTSP Ubuntu Howto: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LTSPHowTo

Ivan.