Moving Forward in Ubuntu (Wine, Debian and Universe)

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:04:40 CST 2005

Wine really needs some desktop integration love. Part of that problem
is that most
of the developers in wine like how windows program look and strive to make them
look more like that. Which is a little bit understandable because most programs
expect the the programs to look a certain way, see some programs under
Window XP. But some really useful things like a gtk file selector, gtk
configuration
tool, mozilla plug in ala codeweavers plug in and possible a gtk theme would to
wonders for windows program integration. But like I said the wine
programmer aren't
understandably the most likely people to do this, it would be like asking kde
developers to make gtk file selector work in kde programs, which would also be
useful.

Olafur Arason