Request to remove "winesetuptk" package from universe

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Mar 11 17:55:43 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 00:24 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 11.03.2005, 15:01 -0800 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> > Yes, there is a great alternative - Winetools.  I maintain the winetools
> > (alongside the wine packages) at the repositories at
> > http://www.winehq.org/
>
> is it 100% compatible with the wine packages currently in universe ?
> i would be willing to include it if this is the case.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Yes, since it only depends on "wine" and a few other things already in
universe.  My packages are completely backwards compatible with the
Debian ones.

On that note, I really, really want to know exactly why they're still
not in universe.  They're more current, I can actively test them, and
they don't confuse users by having only a partial and broken Wine
install.  I still haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone other
than "you're not the Debian maintainer"

I'd like to maintain them personally.  I even got approved as an MOTU
back in the days of yore, although due to lack of keysigning I haven't
passed the final muster yet.  I'm really looking forward to building
more packages based around the wine packages, but I can't do that if we
refuse to use them.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie