module-assistant fails

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Fri Mar 11 02:49:11 CST 2005

I'm wanting to try out the FUSE modules with my kernel. I am attempting to use
the "module assistant" tool from debian to manage keeping the kernel module up
to date. I noticed there was a 'ubuntu' version of this package when installing.

Unfortunately the deb packages that are build depend on "kernel-image-x" like
debian uses, but ubuntu names the kernel packages "linux-image-x". Therefore the
newly created deb cannot be installed.

I am not at all framiliar with the workings of module-assistant, but it seems
some string replacements would be a solution?