Array CD 6

Jeff Bailey jbailey at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 8 16:53:00 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 02:03 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 03:45:26AM -0500, punkass wrote:
> > I have a Logitech keyboard that was purchased in Canada, not sure if
> > that makes it a 'Canadian' keyboard or not.  The problem seemed to be
> > the same as above where the / key was giving me french 'e' .

> Jeff Bailey, a Canadian, also noted that most Canadian keyboards are
> indeed us layout, even when your primary language is fr_CA.UTF-8.  Go
> figure. :)

English Canada keyboards are quite uniformly US keyboards.  Outside of
French Speaking areas, french systems are often installed with US
keyboads.

I've checked with a few people in Quebec, and french layout keyboads are
common there.  The sane default for fr_CA.utf-8 is the French Canadian
keyboard, sorry about the confusion.  People outside Quebec will often
have US keyboards, but those of us to whom this applies can probably
cope with changing the layout in Gnome.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey