linux-wlan-ng

Adam Lydick lydickaw at ruffledpenguin.org
Sun Mar 6 15:01:06 CST 2005

Hey Matt,

Sorry to break threading, but I noticed your post to ubuntu-devel while
I was searching over the forums mirror for some info about what network
hardware has support planned for it.

Regarding the linux-wlan-ng drivers:

- The control interface is not entirely compatible with the wireless
control interface. Last I checked, it was "read only" for iwconfig.

- Sadly, it is the only set of drivers that work with my Speedstream
802.11b USB adapter.

This might not be true any more:

http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/devices/ - seems to have some CVS support
for some USB devices. I don't know if this includes mine.

Thanks,

- Adam