installation crash : Array CD 6 and later

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 6 06:36:22 CST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 02:33:29AM -0800, Regis Foinet wrote:
> > step : Configuring apt...
> >
> > message :
> >
> > 25 %
> > Setting up primary installation repository...
> > Using CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/
> > Identifyng... [6ce68 .....   ]
> > Scanning Disc for index files...
> > Found 2 package indexes, 0 sources indexes and 1 signatures
> > Please provide a name for this disc, such as 'Debian 2.1r1 Disk 1'

Thanks for your problem-report.

Can you please run "apt-cdrom add -o Debug::aptcdrom=true" on the
cdrom you used for installing (if possible on the same hardware) and
send the output to me? Can you also attach the file ".disk/info" from
the cd? What architecture do you run it on? Any interessting output
from dmesg (console 2, press enter type "dmesg") when the installation
fails?

Thanks,
 Michael