rhythmbox & esound problem?

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 07:16:39 CST 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:58:05 +0100, Jeroen Janssen <japj at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Btw, do you know the cause of the problem? (any chance of this to be
> fixed somehow in the installation of Ubuntu?)

I don't, no. I'm just passing on the Wisdom of the User List. I'm
having another problem with polypaudio where only the *first* user who
logs in gets to use it. Polypaudio appears to create a socket at
/tmp/.esd permissioned only for the first user. Subsequent attempts to
load the module fail. That's a big issue for me because seven people
share this computer (my wife and five kids are the others). It has
been causing me some tech-support headaches. I hope it's fixed in
Hoary release.

-Eamonn