rhythmbox & esound problem?

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 5 03:44:46 CST 2005

Hello,

I installed from the installation CD of 2005/03/03.

When I try to play one the radio stations I get "Failed to write data to the
esound daemon". After checkin, I found out it is apparently not installed.

Now when I try to install it via synaptic, it tells me it wants to remove
polypaudio, polypaudio-alsa, polypaudio-x11 AND ubuntu-desktop.

Especially removing the last one (ubuntu-desktop) seems unwanted to me (so I
didn't proceed).

Does this sound familiar to anyone here? (since I couldn't find any issues
with esound in bugzilla)

Bye,

Jeroen Janssen