Release status update (or, Hoary and you)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 4 03:00:58 CST 2005

Hi!

Nick Loeve [2005-02-24 14:13 +1100]:
> Hello!
>
> As an aside... could the people responsible for the Hoary Goals please
> review the Hoary Release Notes, and let me know if there are items that
> should have more of a blurb, are not going to be included in Hoary, or
> if i am missing contributors.
>
> A HTML preview is available at
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/docteam/release-notes/ReleaseNotes.html

For the record, this is

  http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/docteam/release-notes/release-notes.html

I had a short talk with Mark, can we please also mention our brilliant
default security? No open ports, and many processes that usually run
as root don't in Ubuntu? AFAICS wrt to the latter item we are pretty
far ahead of other Linux distros, so it might be good to point this
out.

(Details at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DerootificationStatus)

Thanks,

Martin