Array CD 6

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 3 14:09:04 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:53:15PM +0100, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> 1. I now get a resolution of 1280x1024 rather than 640x480 which I got
> with CD 5. This is nice but I think its a bit to high resolution
> 1024x768 would be the best for me. Hope there will be a solution for
> that one, though it seems hard to please everybody.
> Also I want to mention that my screen do support DCC.

We will by default use the highest-resolution mode that your display can
support with a reasonable refresh rate.  If you wish to adjust it downward
after installation, you can do so with Desktop->Preferences->Screen
Resolution.

> 2. During install I was asked a question to many for my taste, I choosed
> to install the Danish language packs and was asked, during the second
> round of installing, this question:
>
> The following package are not authenticated:
> language-pack-da-base
> language-pack-da
> Do you want to continue?
>
> I choosed yes. Hope I cant be asked of this anymore.

It's simply a bug; this is not intentional.  Please file it in Bugzilla
(Package: base-config would be a good starting point).

> 5. It would be really nice if GDM could log the newly created user in by
> default ie. skipping the GDM login screen.

This is an interesting idea, but would be tricky to implement without
introducing security problems.

> 6. When loading the Add/Remove applications program the cursor turns
> into a clock and never turns back to the normal cursor :(

This is a bug in gnome-app-install; I reported it to the author yesterday.

> 7. When adding repositories with Synaptic, warty is still present and
> selected by default. I guess warty should not be available from hoary,
> but I might be wrong.

Yes, these should be removed.  Please file a bug (Package: synaptic).

> 9. In the Danish OO.o 1.1.3
>    Funktioner -> OrdoptÃlling
>
>    should be
>
>    Funktioner -> Ordoptælling
>
>    This bug is not present in 1.1.2 on Ubuntu and 1.1.3 on Fedora Core.

Please report a bug in Bugzilla.

> 10. OO.o is not setup for Danish

In what way?  Is the language-support-da package not installed?

> 11. OO.o the Danish dictionary is not installed.

In what package can it be found?

> 13. During logout I get this message:
> Gnome Display Manager not running.
>
> It would be nice if that was not printed, I think it is just confusing.

It would be nice, but there are much more important bugs at the moment.
Feel free to file a bug with severity 'trivial'.

> 14. The weather applet only allows me to choose locations in North
> America and the Middle East. Im not sure if this is a Ubuntu packaging
> problem or a bug in Gnome Applets.

It works for me; I am able to select locations all over the world.  Can you
be more specific about the way in which it does not work for you?

> 15. Network settings, SSID not remembered.
> 1. Open network settings
> 2. Set SSID for wireless nic
> 3. Close network settings
> 4. Open network settings, SSID back to default "ANY"

Sounds like a bug.

--
 - mdz