Disk monitoring

ioliver dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Tue Mar 1 03:51:29 CST 2005

I may start playing around with some ideas for a GUI front-end for
smartmontools. As I haven't done any GTK work before it will be slow
going, and will probably come to nothing, but it does sound
worthwhile.

A nice GUI disk backup utility would also be great. Something that
would backup data in home, the settings in various config files
(/etc/xxx) and also record what packages you had installed might do the
job.

If a disk failed, you would then just reinstall Ubuntu, apply your
backup, wait for all the new packges to download, and you should be
back where you were.

Ian

--
ioliver