[Fwd: Partitionable RAID support in Breezy]

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Mon Jun 27 03:47:48 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Can you respond to this person please?

Thanks
JaneW

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Daniel Swarbrick <daniel at pressure.net.nz>
To: janew at ubuntu.com
Subject: Partitionable RAID support in Breezy
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:02:31 +1200

Hello,

I hope you can direct my suggestion to the appropriate person (and that
it doesn't get filtered as junk!).

I've just read how Breezy intends to push LVM2, and suspect that many
people already run LVM2 to achieve the end result of being able to
partition an MD device. I think relatively few people realise that the
2.6 kernel can already partition an MD device. Since this results in a
much cleaner set up than having multiple MD devices, one for each
partition, without the overhead and complexity of LVM2, I think it would
be a good idea for Ubuntu.

Regards,

--
JaneW