AudioInfrastructure, general desktop hotplug daemon

Vincent Untz vincent at vuntz.net
Fri Jun 24 02:07:36 CDT 2005

Le vendredi 24 juin 2005 à 08:48 +0200, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> Hi Matt!
>
> Matt Zimmerman [2005-06-23 14:37 -0700]:
> > I like (4) except for the bit about throwing away update-notifier and
> > gnome-volume-manager.  I assume we could do this in such a way as to do the
> > transition in stages, though, yes?
>
> It depends. Adding or removing daemons from existing user sessions is
> a PITA and cannot be done automatically (much like the introduction of
> update-notifier in Hoary).

I think RH people want to rewrite some part of gnome-session and
use .desktop files to list what should be started at each session.

John Palmieri made a lightning talk at GUADEC about this. The only
reference I can find right now is: http://www.martianrock.com/?p=67

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.