Review day!

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Sat Jun 18 06:45:36 CDT 2005

Hi everybody,

we're going to have a review day! That's good news for everybody whose
package is on either

	http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUNewPackages
or
	http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUToReview

The lists have grown from day to day and the situation is desperate at
the moment. So if you can give us a hand, please help us out.

We'll all be in #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net and it'll happen on the

	Monday, June, 27th 2005 (in all the timezones :-)).

To prevent discussions, that stop the whole process:

      * The review process it the best thing we ever decided. We all
        know that the situation is far from optimal, but this way we
        have quality control and we all learn from it. It'll work out
        nicely, if our team grows.
      * There might be a better solution than having all this stuff on
        the wiki, but we don't have that solution yet.

Reviewing packages is one of the best ways to help Ubuntu out as a
maintainer or MOTU, because

      * you help MOTU hopefuls to see their mistakes,
      * you give them a feeling of success,
      * you help to expand Universe and make users happy,
      * you help to get upstream a growing user base.

It all depends on you. Please consider helping us out and make Ubuntu
brighter and more colorful.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel