Packaging

Leslie Viljoen lesliev at icoc.co.za
Thu Jun 16 16:34:12 CDT 2005

Hiya!

I have been trying to help out with the .desktop files and .png icons
missing from some packages - I think of that as quite a major problem
in Ubuntu from a useability standpoint.

I made a .desktop file and an icon for sopwith, what next? Does that help?
I did try and repackage the deb, but not in a chroot and I think
I have now killed /var/lib/dpkg/status (it's full of rubbish). I have
copied over
from a backup but synaptic is crashing (faulty tree)...

So now I am going to take a break and carry on reading the Debian New
Maintainer's guide, Debian Policy Manual, FHS manual, Desktop Menu
Specification, PBuilder Howto and the rest. *PHEW*