Release Goals Breezy : GraphicalConfigTools

Diego González dggonz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:36:58 CDT 2005

currently the gnome-about-me capplet i wrote is using the passwd
command on the background to change the password this let's you change
it whether it is on a kerberos server, LDAP or on the traditional
local passwd.

The bad thing about using passwd is that gnome-about-me depends on the
messages written on the console by the passwd binary, if they change
gnome-about-me breaks.

Other options is to write a small program that is used in the same way
as passwd but with and standarized interface, the problem with this is
that no one wants another setuid binary with write access to the
passwd information.