RFE: Soikko in Ubuntu? (Proper Finnish spellchecking for OO.org and others)

Øivind Hoel oivind.hoel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 07:55:53 CDT 2005

Norwegian also has alot of compound words - almost any set of related
words can and should be compounded, something aspell handles just
about as well as a person who never went to school. If I type
"Kunstkritikk" - which is the norwegian word for art critizism -
aspell corrects it to "Kunst kritikk", which is very wrong and very
annoying to clean up :-)

I'd like to see more focus on aspell and fixing this than resorting to
a non-free app (though that's probably feasible for breezy). This is
the kind of thing that users expect out of the box, and should thus be
somewhere in main, where a non-free app can't live.