Contributions

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Fri Jun 10 06:23:05 CDT 2005

Hey Leslie,

Am Freitag, den 10.06.2005, 12:26 +0200 schrieb Leslie Viljoen:
> I'd like to be able to contribute to Ubuntu by improving some of the
> packages
> and rebuilding them. I know how to apt-get source <package> and modify it
> and rebuild it with dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc.

you should absolutely join the MOTU crew to accomplish this. If you're
on IRC, join #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net - we can really need
"additional hands on deck" and the people in there will help you to get
accustomed to the packaging tools.

General documentation on packaging is of course Debian's New Maintainer
Guide and the Debian Policy - but some of us are already working on
another Maintainer Guide.

Thanks for wanting to contribute. We really appreciate it.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel