Multiverse question (re: Eclipse)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 7 12:18:32 CDT 2005

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 07:16:46PM -0400, josuealcalde wrote:

> Eclipse is a program whic didn't need install and has his own
> update-manager.
>
> I use it, and I think the best way using it is donwloading .tar.gz and
> uncompressing.

We find it to be advantageous for all of the software we distribute to be
installed and maintained with a consistent process.  For example, this
provides for automatic upgrading when a new version is available, and tight
integration with the packaged versions of other software (for faster
access to bugfixes and enhancements).

--
 - mdz