Draft laptop testing spec

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Jun 4 18:38:32 CDT 2005

Martin Alderson wrote:
> Would there be any interest in this being put together as a PHP
> minisite where endusers could fill it in and add comments and we could
> query it on laptop model, laptop maker, ubuntu release etc?

Perosnaly, I would like to see something like the Ubunto Hardware Database wizard
thingy.  I don't mind doing a suite of tests once or twice and poking around to
see why they failed, but it gets old quick.  When I think about how many others
are doing the exact same thing, the programmer in me gets ill.  I realize this one
will be a little bit harder given that 1/2 the tests could lock up the box and
most of them would require root.  But I bet such a tool would A) generate about
10x as much data that would B) be 2x as usefull - it would be in a consistant
format, there wouldn't be the human factor ("I hit the button and it didn't work.")

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Is the machine discoverable from a mobile phone with bluetooth?

But it could be a bit more generic:
Is the machine discoverable from a bluetooth device?
Does the machine discover a bluetooth device?

Carl K