mobility and firewall

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Sat Jun 4 04:32:17 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 05:22 -0400, Michael R Head wrote:

> Good stuff. I'll have to check it out for my firewall.

Needs kernel and iptables (userspace) patching.

> Doesn't help when a given piece of software tunnels through http,
> though, right?

No, it doesn't. But, we are talking about firewall for desktop. If user
wants to connect only to P2P networks, then this is great. It doesn't
check ports, but protocol. If protocol is P2P, it gets ALLOW status. If
it isn't P2P, it's denyed.

This kind of firewall is easy to set up with layer7.

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782