UbuntuMainInclusionQueue: introduction, call for mono review

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 1 11:03:06 CDT 2005

Hi!

I created a new wiki page

  https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuMainInclusionQueue

which lists all packages that need to be reviewed for main inclusion.
I think a wiki page is a better tool than all the various todo items
and emails in my box as it allows us to link reports, see the
progress, and have a common place for this stuff.

A package review requires a written report for each package, as
described on

  https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements

The queue page has some links to already existing review reports.
Since it takes some time to review a package (in the order of an hour
for a multi-deb package with a reasonable size) and there
is a big backlog, I'd like to spread this out to more shoulders to get
a quicker review.

In particular I'd be glad if our mono cracks can write a report about
all the mono related packages. I already reviewed mono itself
(however, no report yet). I will do the non-mono-related packages
(wpasupplicant, docbook2x, libxml-*-perl, ps2eps).

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de